At Good Shepherd, a variety of small groups are live to help us learn and tell the story of God's love in Christ. Some focus on ministry, some on service, and others on learn and sharing the faith as it develops in each person. All are bible-focused, friendship-oreiented, and service-minded.
This gathering of adults come together to explore discipleship in a variety of meaningful ways. Through bible study, theological discernment, and community and global ministry presenters, we seek to encounter a fuller understanding of God in Christ and engage our lives of faith.
SUNDAY SCHOOL (register here)
Sunday school opportunities are available Sundays during the school year at 9:15am. We begin in the Large Group Room with energetic music and prayer.
- Little Lambs serves the 4 year olds through Kindergarten. Through crafts, stories, and games they hear Bible stories that share God's love and promises.
- S.S. Shepherd serves the 1st graders through 4th grade. Each week the children rotate to a different "station" to learn a story of the Bible in a different way. Whether playing with puppets, popping popcorn, or learning the basics of the Bible our children have fun and learn about God's continued love story.
- Grapple serves the 5th and 6th graders. This program encourages our youth to grapple with their faith as they talk about issues that they deal with everyday.
- Each level of learning is full of energy and it is clear that we believe Faith and Fun go Hand in Hand.
CONFIRMATION (GRADES 7-9)
SR. HIGH (10-12)
Our Jr. High youth gather for Confirmation on Wednesday nights from 6:15-7:30pm. Our Sr. High youth gather one Wednesday a month from 6:15-8:30. In large and small groups we seek out who Christ is and how we live in faithful response to God's love.
Youth Ministry begins with family, however it is made up. We hope that our youth ministry helps youth & parents connect with each other and with God in deeper, more fulfilling ways.
Discussing faith as they related to life issues is central to a healthy life-style and the strengthening of one's faith. Groups, meeting times, and study topics vary, but the basic ingredients of being a part of the Group Life at Good Shepherd can grow one's discipleship in a way that makes a difference for you, your family, and the community.
- Men's Huddles 7am, every other Tuesday
- Women's Circles - 9:30am , 3rd Thursday of the month and 9:30am, 4th Wednesday of the month (meets at participants homes, contact office for more details
- Soul Sisters - a multi-denominational small group of moms eager to build a lasting relationship with Christ. (Childcare available) - Tuesdays at 10am
- Together with Jesus - 10am, 1st & 3rd Wednesday of the month - a prayer group that gathers for to pray for one another and the community, based on devotional readings.
- Lutheran World Relief Quilting - 9am, 2nd & 4th Tuesday of the month
- Worship Choir - Wednesdays at 7:30pm
Vacation Bible School
Our VBS is held in early August in the evenings and is open to the community.